LightBlog

mardi 22 mars 2016

Cellular Data Restrictions for specific apps in Android 6

Hi... I'm new to this forum and I'm new to this, but was told this was the place to find an answer to what I was looking for. In short, I want to restrict cellular data on specific apps, for example YouTube. I want my daughter to be able to use YouTube on Wi-Fi, but not cellular. This is and has been a feature on iPhone for years. I was under the impression that Android 6 has this feature, but I can't find any confirmation on this. I know I can use for example 'no root firewall' (her phone will not be rooted), however the issue lies with when you pull down the 'drop down screen', it shows the VPN/firewall. If you click on it, you can disable it. I want to avoid this from happening. (Even if I use an 'applock' type app on a no root firewall, you can still disable the restriction from the drop down screen)

I hope I explained this correctly. Bottom line, I want to be able to pick and choose what apps have access to cellular data? Can the latest version of Android do this and if not, what do you suggest?

Any thoughts, ideas or feedback is appreciated.
Thank you.
J


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1WEG7dy
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire